Intellectual Property Focus
Barlow Robbins has specialist intellectual property lawyers who can advise on all aspects of intellectual property law and work with you to maximise the value from your intellectual property portfolio. We have experience which covers the whole range of intellectual property rights including patents, trade marks, copyright, designs, confidentiality, domain names and database rights.
Information Technology Know-how
Our mix of high-level legal, technological and commercial expertise enables us to understand technology and business-related risk issues that organisations are often unaware of. We also understand those you are aware of; no need to explain key concepts to us.
We are involved with businesses in the technology sector on a daily basis and we have extensive experience in providing practical advice on a wide range of technology matters including hardware and software licenses, bespoke software development, outsourcing, reseller agreements, data protection and internet related advice.
Innovative and credible
The strength of our service is a result of our practical experience. Members of our team have long-standing law firm experience and worked as in-house counsel in the Intellectual Property & Information Technology industry generally. With that knowledge, we know when clients are not getting the best possible outcome, how to achieve a sensible commercial resolution and know clients are fine with some commercial risks. We put innovation into practice while building individual relationships with our clients.
Our Intellectual Property & Information Technology services
Our services cover everything from advice to implementation to protection to enforcement:
- advice on all online issues including e-commerce strategies, hosting and content privacy
- information technology development and implementation advice
- outsourcing, including business processes outsourcing and system outsourcing
- systems procurement, including specification preparation, RFT and similar documentation and evaluation and review
- intellectual property protection and rights enforcement strategy
- corporate transactions
- music & television
- computer games and online gambling
- commercialisation of technology products
- technology specific due diligence