At some point in the life of your business, it is likely that you will consider its structure and whether it is the right medium from which to trade. When appropriate for our clients we provide advice and to ensure that our clients achieve the best structure for their business.
The types of corporate restructuring we often advise our clients on include:
- Sole trader to company
- Sole trader to partnership
- Sole trader to Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Partnership to LLP
- Partnership to company
- Group structuring including setting up holding companies
- Hive-up and hive-across arrangements
- Limited company to PLUS and AIM Market listings
- PLUS and AIM listings to limited company
- Unincorporated association to company and charity
In recent years we have advised a number of clients on the transition from partnership to LLP. The restructuring enables them to capitalise on the advantages of limiting the liability of the partners, whilst retaining the tax benefits similar to those of a partnership.
In the current economic climate we have also assisted many of our clients to alter their current business structures allowing them to consolidate, create a firm platform for their continued success or expand in their marketplace.