Most people who sustain a spinal injury are aged between 18 and 35 years old. A very large percentage of those who are injured are unable to return to work. The biggest causes of spinal injury are road traffic accidents, accidents at work, illness, sporting accidents e.g. skiing, boating accidents, diving into water. Some injuries are the result of a fall. Sometimes spinal cord injury can happen when surgery goes wrong or when there is a delay in diagnosis of spinal cord compression.
Where a spinal injury occurs through personal injury or clinical negligence, we can help.
- How can we help if you have suffered an injury
We are a specialist group of lawyers; familiar with these types of claim. Our team specialises in both personal injury and clinical negligence cases and we are praised for our ability in dealing with catastrophic brain or spinal injury claims.
- The importance of treatment
We recognise that spinal injured clients often need long term treatment. We know that there can be a transitional period of adjustment when a spinal injury occurs. Some clients require adaptations to their home and some may need to adapt to using a wheelchair. Some clients may need to be put in touch with specialist charities, medical practitioners or therapists. Some clients require long term rehabilitation and care for the rest of their lives. Most will need financial help – whether from state benefits or otherwise.
- How we can help you
- A free initial consultation. We will not rush you. We have a very caring team.
- We can provide a home or hospital visit.
- We will take you through the litigation process with compassion and in a professional manner.
- We have a large database of medical experts who prepare medical reports for us.
- We have an incredibly useful network of contacts who can advise you on treatment and equipment, and help you with funding.
- We can put you or your family in touch with specialist charities or medical practitioners.
- We can arrange funding for your spinal injury claim.
- We can offer a No Win/No Fee Agreement if necessary.
- Once liability has been admitted, we will seek interim payment on your behalf as soon as possible.
- We have links with authorities and regularly update ourselves on the latest legal developments.
- We use specialist Barristers.
- We have extensive experience in dealing with catastrophic injury cases.
- In addition to spinal injury, we also act for clients with brain injury , amputees, obstetric cases and all sorts of medical and surgical negligence.
- We are a compassionate and knowledgeable team who will go the extra mile for you.
- We are a safe pair of hands and are here to help