Welcome to our Autumn 2015 email update for schools. We hope that you find it informative and useful in keeping you up to date with recent developments that are likely to be of interest to schools.
This update reports on:
- Update to Keeping Children Safe in Education - July 2015
- Safeguarding - DfE advice on the Prevent Duty and consultation on FGM
- Goddard Inquiry
- Three questions your school board should ask itself about safeguarding
- Long term sick leave - holiday carry over clarified
- Tax treatment of termination payments "simplifying"
- National living wage
- Is data protection becoming less onerous?
- Tier 2 cap reached and other immigration news
You may be interested in a briefing paper that Ben Collingwood has recently prepared for the Boarding Schools’ Association, relating to data protection issues for schools http://bit.ly/1LP6H0W.
If you would like additional information relating to any of the articles, please do not hesitate to contact me or another member of our Schools team.