Welcome to the Spring 2017 Update for Schools. We hope that you will find this informative and useful in keeping you up to date.
This edition covers the following topical issues (and includes a guest article):
- Salary sacrifice school fees – last chance saloon! (view article)
- National Minimum Wage increase from 1 April 2017 (view article)
- Failure to act may constitute gross misconduct (view article)
- Schools should take care to avoid the potential pitfalls of the law on employment status (view article)
- In the absence of an express term, contractual notice of termination takes effect when an employee personally takes delivery of letter containing notice (view article)
- Charities SORP (FRS 102) – a view on what to expect (view article)
A print friendly version of the articles can be downloaded if required.
If you would like any additional information relating to any of the articles, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Independent Schools’ Team.