As with any business, when launching your charity or social enterprise, there are a number of legalities and governance issues you need to consider.
One of the first steps is to decide on the legal, financial and administrative frameworks that govern your charity or social enterprise. The structures you put in place today will affect your charity or social enterprise tomorrow, so it is important to understand them from the start.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Incorporation of a charity or social enterprise
- Setting up a trading company
- Entering into a joint venture
- Subsidiary charities
- Charities holding permanent endowment
- Charities with federated or affiliated structures
- Conversions from one type of charity to another
- Advice on new charitable forms
- Charities and social enterprises working in partnership