I am a solicitor in the firm’s dispute resolution department. I assist our property litigation team to resolve a wide range of property disputes, with a focus on residential landlord and tenant matters, adverse possession claims and boundary disputes. I work closely with my colleagues within the team to ensure an effective outcome.
In addition, I have experience in criminal law and deal with those cases where clients of the firm are faced with criminal charges, or the risk of prosecution, where a conviction could have a seriously detrimental effect on their career or business. Our clients appreciate that we can and will support them if such a situation arises and that we will, in appropriate cases, including for serious motoring offences, provide representation at very short notice for police interviews and in the Magistrates’ Courts.
In my spare time, I attend body combat classes twice a week and I have recently taken up archery.
- Demise of 'no fault' evictions and its impact on rural landlords | 18 November 2019 | Property Disputes
- Could a 'new deal for renting' mean a bad deal for rural landlords given the demise of the so-called 'no fault' evictions for tenants? Charlotte Brackley and Gemma Richards explore the possibilities and give useful guidance to landlords in this article, Demise of 'no fault' evictions and its impact on rural landlords in Farming UK. Download
- The tenant fee ban: get ready | 30 October 2019 | Property Disputes
- The recent Tenant Fees Act 2019 aims to make renting homes more accessible and affordable to tenants but what does this mean for landlords and lettings agents? Find out more in this article by Gemma Richards in the Royal Bank of Scotland Homewise online magazine. Download
- How to Deal with Bad Neighbours | 24 June 2019 | Personal Disputes
- Gemma Richards is quoted in Sheerluxe giving guidance on the steps to take when dealing with neighbourly disputes. Download