Partner - Corporate & Commercial
I am the head of our Corporate and Commercial team and advise on mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts, shareholder arrangements and partnership law.
I enjoy identifying and achieving the right solutions and outcomes for clients and strongly believe that good service consists of responsive communication. I look for long lasting solutions that reduce complexity, delay and risk.
I trained and qualified at Clifford Chance and spent the first eight years of my career working on a broad range of finance, company and commercial matters in the City. I believe that the best corporate lawyers are likely to have a broad range of experience of business and life.
I have a particular expertise in advising schools on mergers and in relation to their commercial contracts and other commercial issues.
I am the chair of the governing body at a very successful prep school in West Sussex.
I have served as a member of the Law Society’s Company Law Committee and regularly contribute to the Solicitors’ Journal, for which I write a quarterly update on commercial contract law.
- Acquisition of Experience English Limited
- Sale of The A&DC Group Limited
- Sale of a Pharmaceutical Data Analytics Company
- Sale of Estate Agents
- Sale of E.T.S. Portsmouth Limited
- Sale of 25% of an English Premier League football club
- Acquisition of a UK based manufacturer of medical products
- Advised a charitable trust on the sale of a group of schools
- Radical Departures Holdings Ltd management buyout deal
- Dealmakers work on acquisition of neonatal monitoring specialist
- Acquisition of company providing services to the automotive industry
- Sale of Sys-teams to Stratacache
"Mark Lucas advises a wide range of clients on corporate finance and commercial law issues, with a particular focus on supporting educational institutions. Clients appreciate his "very attentive and responsive" legal service."
Chambers UK, 2020
"Mark Lucas has a strong focus on the education sector and advises on the full suite of transactional activity. He is praised by clients for his excellent interpersonal skills"
Chambers UK, 2018