For over four years I have helped Deputyship clients and their families manage their money and day-to-day lives. During that time I have built excellent relationships with clients, families and support staff and have become very familiar with the workings of the Court of Protection, Office of the Public Guardian, Social Services, NHS Continuing Healthcare, Department of Work and Pensions and Motability.
I have a good understanding of the Mental Capacity Act and know how to deal with the challenges faced by clients and the people around them.
Having trained with the firm, I am also very familiar with employment law, Private Wealth and Tax, trust law, Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence.
Clients who no longer have the metal capacity to manage their own affairs may benefit from the appointment of a Deputy as a result of a large personal injury or clinical negligence compensation claim, or for because their assets are significant or complex.
My role involves:
- making Deputy applications to the Court of Protection for vulnerable clients
- ensuring clients receive their full entitlement to statutory funding and have the appropriate support they require
- submitting annual accounts to the Office of the Public Guardian
- Acting as an advocate for client’s when dealing with local authorities and other statutory bodies; and
- Advising on the law relating to mental capacity, safeguarding, deprivation of liberty and healthcare best interests decision making.
I studied Law at the University of Surrey and the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in Guildford. Before entering the legal profession, I gained extensive experience with a major airline managing large teams of staff and providing HR support to cabin crew.
I am a member of the Court of Protection Practitioners Association and also the Surrey Association of Women Lawyers.
I have presented seminars in relation to Mental Capacity, Deputyships and Lasting Powers of Attorney and have strong links with a number of schools which specialise in supporting those with learning disabilities, autism and other special needs.
I have three children and spend much of my free time as their taxi, ferrying them between activities. I enjoy reading, listening to music and participating in quizzes and am a font of knowledge for random trivia.