Seek legal advice as soon as you can, because the timescales within which you can bring a claim differ depending on where the accident took place.
Claims made under The Package Holiday Regulations, can be commenced any time within three years of the accident date but other claims may only have a year.
Foreign cases are complex and your solicitor will need time to prepare your case before the deadline approaches.
You should gather together as much information as you can about your claim so that we can assess your likely prospects of success.
- Make sure that you have reported your accident to your travel representative
- Ensure that your travel representative / hotel has made a note of your accident in their accident book
- Speak with anyone who could be a witness for your case and obtain their details to pass on to us
- If your accident has been caused by a defect, make sure you have photographs of the defect to pass to us
- Retain copies of all travel documentation including your original booking information and any correspondence from your tour operator, travel agent and / or accommodation provider.
- Make a copy of any foreign hospital records which relate to treatment abroad
Keep receipts for any items which you have had to pay for in relation to this accident, such as medication costs, treatment costs, additional holiday expenses etc.