Barlow Robbins has a long and proud history of working with and for Headway, the national charity, and Headway Surrey, one of a network of local Headway groups based in Guildford.
Barlow Robbins has been listed in the Headway Solicitors’ Directory for a long time.
Through our association with Headway, we can understand our clients better, keep up with the latest developments in technology, rehabilitation and medicine, and empathise more sympathetically with how it feels to be a carer or family member of someone with a brain injury. We help to lobby for support for people with brain injuries and their carers and take part in the joint effort to increase awareness and understanding of brain injury.
Several of our solicitors, over the years, have benefitted from the training provided by Headway and we support the charity wherever we can. For example, we have attended the Headway Annual Awards Luncheon many times, enjoying the privilege of being able to celebrate the often heroic stories of the award winners and sponsoring places for other professionals working in the brain injury field.
On a local level, Barlow Robbins’ Partner, Helen Goatley, has been a member of the Council of Management and Trustee of Headway Surrey for over 14 years. In that time, she has given her time as a volunteer to help the charity grow and reach out to help ever more people dealing with brain injury and their carers and family. She helped plan a move into tailor-made new premises, has seen the development of a befriending service, and was delighted to be associated with the organisation when it won The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service in 2017. Over the years, our team of lawyers and support staff have enjoyed raising money for Headway Surrey by running marathons, baking cakes and shaking tins.
Barlow Robbins will be actively supporting the charity fundraising day “Hats For Headway” in 2019.
- Related Content
- Brain Injury Journey (read article)
- What are the Common Causes of Brain Injury? (read article)
- Identifying brain injury - Subtle clues for your GP to look out for (read article)
- Motorcyclist sustained serious multiple injuries and brain injury (read article)
- Get Diagnosed – Get the right help from the right people (read article)
- Man suffers Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) following motorcycle accident (read article)
- Timescales for Rehabilitation after Brain Injury (read article)
- How do I get help after suffering an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)? (read article)
- Effects of brain injury on the family and the stress and strains it causes (read article)
- Living with someone who has a brain injury (read article)
- Acquired Brain Injury: location of the injury and the impact on functioning (read article)
- The effects of living with an Acquired Brain Injury (read article)
- Woman who suffered a major trauma with brain injury after being hit by a car undergoes rehabilitation (read article)
- Integrating back into work after an Acquired Brain Injury (read article)
- Man involved in car accident has sustained complex muscular skeletal injuries and brain injury (read article)
- Developments in Brain Injury Rehabilitation (read article)
- Brain Injury - Overview (read article)
For further advice on the above topics, please call us on 01483 464222 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org