Our Services

Accidents outside the UK


If you find yourself in the unfortunate position of suffering an injury while you are abroad, you may be able to make a claim for personal injury and financial loss. There are multiple reasons why you could experience an accident abroad, but most commonly, these occur on holiday. If there was an organisation responsible for your well-being, and they failed in this, you may have a case.

The important thing is to make sure that you have enough evidence to take back to your UK solicitors, so do your best to collect as much as possible to fortify your case. As holidays are so precious and expensive, it’s not fair that you’ve suffered and missed out on your trip as a result of someone else’s negligence. That’s where we come in.

Steps to take if you have had an accident outside the UK

Seek legal advice as soon as you can, because the timescales within which you can bring a claim differ depending on where the accident took place.

You should gather together as much information as you can about your claim so that we can assess your likely prospects of success.

You should:-

  • Make sure that you have reported your accident to your travel representative
  • Ensure that your travel representative / hotel has made a note of your accident in their accident book
  • Speak with anyone who could be a witness for your case and obtain their details to pass on to us
  • If your accident has been caused by a defect, make sure you have photographs of the defect to pass to us
  • Retain copies of all travel documentation including your original booking information and any correspondence from your tour operator, travel agent and / or accommodation provider.
  • Make a copy of any foreign hospital records which relate to treatment abroad
  • Keep receipts for any items which you have had to pay for in relation to this accident, such as medication costs, treatment costs, additional holiday expenses etc.
How much time do I have to make a claim?

Claims made under The Package Holiday Regulations can be commenced any time within three years of the accident date, but other claims may only have a year.

Foreign cases are complex and your solicitor will need time to prepare your case before the deadline approaches.

Do I have to use a foreign lawyer?

We can pursue a claim through the English Legal System. If not, we can manage your claim using an agent in the Country where you had your accident.

Our experience with foreign accidents

Our legal team has experience of dealing with accidents ranging from complex injuries to less serious cases. We also have team members who speak Italian and French.

Our Foreign accident services:-