Welcome to the Autumn 2018 Schools Update. We hope that you will find this informative and useful in keeping you up to date.
This edition covers the following topical issues:
- SEN Exclusions – still possible? (view article)
- New Guidance – Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2018) (view article)
- New Guidance – Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006 (view article)
- Serious Incident Reports – New Charity Commission Guidance (view article)
- Requirement to follow employer’s religious ethos must be a genuine occupational requirement (view article)
- Migrant Advisory Committee publishes report on immigration law for international students (view article)
- New Risk Assessment Tool on identifying FGM (view article)
- Did school follow fair process in dismissing teacher accused of grabbing pupil by the throat? (view article)
If you would like any additional information relating to any of the articles, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Schools Team.