Welcome to the November 2019 Schools Legal Update. We hope that you will find this informative and useful in keeping you up to date.
This edition covers the following topical issues:
- The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA) – An update (view article)
- SEN exclusions – the Tribunal’s power to revoke discriminatory exclusions (view article)
- No pro-rating of holiday pay for term-time only teachers on permanent contracts (view article)
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS) Update – recent developments (view article)
- Immigration update – How Brexit will affect schools sponsoring international students (view article)
- Preventing Charity fraud – new Charity Commission guidance (view article)
- New guidance on confidentiality clauses in settlement agreements from the Equality and Human Rights Commission (view article)
- Improper behaviour can lead to section 111A negotiations being admissible in Court (view article)
- Vegetarianism is not a Protected Characteristic (view article)
If you would like any additional information relating to any of the articles, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Schools Team.