Recent changes to the immigration rules announced by the government took effect on 6 April 2014. These changes include:
- The Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) category has been expanded to include the digital technology sector;
- Migrants applying under the Tier 2 (General) and Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) category can be granted leave for up to five years subject to paying a higher fee;
- The minimum salary thresholds and appropriate salary rates for occupations have been updated in Tier 2 and other categories in line with changes in average weekly earnings for resident workers;
- The maintenance funds thresholds have been updated in almost all categories have been updated in line with cost of living;
- The definition of “working for the same employer” has been widened to cover all relevant transfers under TUPE, not just those arising from mergers or takeovers.
A migrant working in the UK under the Tier 1 (General) category will not be able to apply for an extension from 6 April 2015.
For further advice, please call us on 01483 543210 or alternatively email email@example.com