Our Corporate and Commercial team enjoyed another busy year and were pleased to welcome a number of new clients. Below is a summary of just some of the deals we acted on.
1. We were delighted to act for two longstanding clients on the sale of their company, Focus 21, to AVMI for an undisclosed sum. Focus 21 specialises in the integration and servicing of audio-visual and video conferencing systems. Its clients included financial institutions and major law firms. AVMI is a leading global group operating in the same sector. The sale represented the outcome of 20 years of hard work by our client whilst also positioning Focus 21 for further growth.
2. It is always a pleasure to help founders progress their business. We were therefore very happy to be able help our client, the original founder of Enables IT, a provider of IT managed services, to re-acquire it from its AIM listed parent 1Spatial Plc.
3. Barlow Robbins is a member of Ecovis, a global network of accountants, tax advisers and lawyers. When the German Ecovis member was contacted by its client seeking legal assistance with its first UK acquisition, we were pleased to be able to help. The client was a significant German chemicals company and we were able to assist them in acquiring a metals coating company providing services to the automotive industry.
4. When an owner wants to exit, the best people to take the business forward are often the existing management team. An example of this is where we acted on the management buy-out of Radical Departures, which provides cutting edge learning and development solutions for pharma clients to train healthcare audiences. We acted for Radical Departures Holdings (a company set up by the management team). The deal value was for an overall consideration of more than £1 million. Advising on management buy-outs often gives rise to additional issues as it is necessary to consider how the management will raise the money to pay for the business and what security they will give. This was the case here where the consideration was structured as a mixture of cash, loan notes and consideration shares and security was granted in favour of the seller. In negotiating the documents, it was also necessary to consider that the buyers and the seller were to have an ongoing business relationship and therefore balance the protections and incentives given to both parties.
5. When acting on corporate and commercial deals, we are fortunate to be able to rely on the expertise of other specialists within the firm. We recently acted for the sellers of The A&DC Group, a leader in behavioral assessment and development with a number of products that enhance recruitment decisions and development outcomes, on their sale to PSI Services, a global assessment provider. Advising on this matter required the input of experts in our commercial property, employment and intellectual property teams.
6. We love working with exciting companies which are leaders in their field. We were therefore pleased to advise the management team on their buy-out of The Reptile Group Limited. The Reptile Group owns the award winning B2B marketing communications agency Chameleon, whose clients include technology leaders such as GitHub, Gartner & Hootsuite. Since the buy-out, Chameleon has continued to prosper, and was named PR Agency of the Year 2017/18 at the B2B Marketing Awards as well as EMEA Tech Consultancy of the Year and the UK's Best Agency to Work For by the Holmes Report in 2018.
For further advice on the above topics, please call us on 01483 543210 or alternatively email email@example.com