Welcome to the June 2019 Employment Law Update. We hope that you will find this informative and useful in keeping you up to date.
This edition covers the following topical issues:
- Employers can have lower shared parental pay than enhanced maternity pay…for now (view article)
- Europe has spoken: employers must record the number of hours spent working each day (view article)
- Further clarification as to what counts as working time for the purposes of National Minimum Wage (view article)
- Courts emphasise importance of precision and adherence to rules in Business Immigration applications (view article)
- Discrimination arising from disability: when is an employer aware (or should be aware) an employee is disabled? (view article)
- Directors of companies can be personally liable for breaching employment contracts in certain circumstances (view article)
If you would like any additional information relating to any of the articles, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our Employment Team.