Welcome to the inaugural issue of our Charities Review; I hope you will find it an interesting and useful read!
Our aim is to bring you a range of articles that will help you keep abreast of what is happening in the sector, both in terms of legal updates and more widely. We will do that with input from our own Charities team and with occasional articles from clients and other professionals involved in advising the sector.
In this issue we take a look at everyone’s favourite topic of the moment, Data Protection with an assessment of the sectors track record on compliance and how the rules will be changing when the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force.
David Southern, the Director of ICT at WWF-UK, shares some of the enviable technology and resources at WWF’s disposal and Andrew Roberts from Menzies analyses where things are going, accounts-wise. You’ll also find a review of legacy giving following the recent Supreme Court ruling, an update on the Charity Commission’s revised regulatory approach and a round-up of recent sector news.
Since this is our first issue I’m sure there are ways in which we will be able to improve when we come to produce the second; please do let me have any comments or thoughts on issues you would like to see covered by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A look back at the 2017 Barlow Robbins Annual Charity Forum (read article)
- Data protection weather Warnings will the sector be Ready for the GDPR storm? (read article)
- Where next for The charity SORP? (read article)
- Technology That enables WWF UK’s mission (read article)
- The Future of Legacy Giving (read article)
- Update on the Charity Commission’s regulatory activity (read article)
Gordon Reid, Head of Charities
For further advice on the above topics, please call us on 01483 543210 or alternatively email email@example.com