Fundraising & Income Generation
We advise on the legal issues and restrictions of developing income generation.
Legal issues that arise as a consequence of the fundraising side of a charity are often hidden as the objective of the fundraising team is income generation. For example, a photographer who you have employed to photograph a fundraising event may not have a contract or you may have failed to protect your charity logo when working with a fundraising partner. It is possible that such legal issues may be missed until it is too late.
We would love to meet your fundraising team! We like to work with charities to run training programmes and are happy to come in and discuss anything that may concern you.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Tendering for contracts - advice on contracts, tender documents, disputes, service level agreements
- Trading companies
- Agreements with professional fundraisers and corporate partners
- Contracts with third parties
- Protecting your brand
- >Database issues and data protection
- Managing your reputation
- Legacy disputes – Has a Will been disputed to which you are a beneficiary?
- Restricted income
- Preparation of Wills
- Interpretation of Will clauses and legacies to the charity
Please contact one of our specialists who will be happy to discuss your matter with you:
Gordon Reid: 01483 464224
Helen Harvie: 01483 464219