Intellectual property and branding
Schools have valuable brands and copyright works that need reinforcement and protection. We provide advice and assistance on brand management and the full range of intellectual property matters.
Our expertise covers trade mark, coat of arms, copyright and domain name dispute resolution. We also provide general advice on the rights a school can claim and we provide licensing, merchandising, endorsement and sponsorship transaction support.
As businesses, schools enter into commercial agreements with suppliers and other parties. We draft and review contracts, terms and conditions and policies. These may embody specific arrangements with other parties or represent a school’s standard terms of business or website use.
Our expertise includes:
- Agreements relating to software, databases and information technology
- General advice on trade marks, copyright, design right and domain names
- Licensing, merchandising, endorsement and sponsorship agreements
- Passing off and defamation online including social media
- Privacy and data protection advice taking account of the new General Data Protection Regulation
- Website terms and conditions and e-commerce