Litigation & Dispute Resolution for Charities
An internal dispute may arise involving the charity's trustees or members. Alternatively, a dispute may arise externally between the charity and a third party, supporter or beneficiary. If a dispute is not resolved, it can lead to a breakdown in the governance and day-to-day management of the charity. Acting to resolve disputes is therefore part of a trustee's duty.
We understand that charities have to make decisions about legal action based on the finances involved and the risk of bad publicity as well as the merits of the case.
Some disputes can be resolved easily, whilst others require mediation, arbitration or litigation. In all cases, you will benefit from the best professional advice from our Dispute Resolution team.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Employment issues
- Trustee disputes
- Property disputes
- Protection of your brand
- Enforcement of legacies
- Disputes in relation to legacies to charity for example; due execution, Inheritance Act claims, rectification
- Disputes in relation to Will Trusts
- Advice in relation to the Charity Commission's powers
- Mediation services
- Judicial review of decisions of public and quasi-public bodies
- Contract disputes and debt recovery
Please contact one of our specialists who will be happy to discuss your matter with you:
David Foster: 01483 464243
Simon Fulford: 01483 464227
Esther Millard: 01483 464231
Scott Taylor: 01483 464274
Lisa Green: 01483 464252