Teachers’ Pension Scheme
TPS membership – Your Strategy & How We Can Help
With employer contributions set to rise by 43% in September 2019, many schools are reviewing the viability of continued membership of the Teachers' Pension Scheme (TPS). We can support you as you devise your strategy and assist with the logistics and practical steps.
We can assist your school as you consider:
- Alternative pension provision, if the board approves a proposal for withdrawal from TPS membership;
- Your proposed cessation date;
- The governance issues as your school’s governors consider what course of action is in the long-term best interests of the school;
- The employment law implications, timelines and risks of any proposed change to teachers’ pension arrangements;
- How to conduct a collective consultation process with the affected employees.
Download our TPS Membership Strategy for further details of how we can support you and a range of fixed fee and flexible pricing options.
For those schools that continue to be members of TPS, we advise on the full range of pensions law issues that commonly occur including:
- members of the senior leadership team (SLT) affected by the ‘lifetime allowance’ cap on maximum pension entitlement
- the role of TPS benefits in settlement negotiations
- missed contributions/individual opt outs that have not been dealt with correctly including claims by Teachers’ Pensions for arrears of contributions and compound interest.
For further information, please contact one of our specialists who will be happy to discuss your matter with you:
Joanna Lada-Walicki:+44 (0)1483 464216
Ben Collingwood: +44 (0)1483 464204