Wills, Trust and Probate Disputes
Our contentious trusts and probate team has specialist experience in dealing with disputes concerning wills, trusts, property disputes and the protection of the elderly or vulnerable. We act for beneficiaries, executors and trustees which include individuals, trust companies and charities.
We take pride in offering a tailored approach to each case and we work with our clients to guide them through complex disputes step by step. We also work closely with our established private wealth and tax, property and family teams who are on hand to provide expert advice.
Our specialist team includes members of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS) and the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). We are also experienced in dealing with alternative dispute resolution including mediation. Our team advises across our offices in Guildford, Godalming and Woking, although we act for clients based throughout England and Wales and abroad.
We can help you with disputes concerning:
- Wills, intestacy or administration of estates
- Disputing the validity of Wills based on allegations of mental incapacity, undue influence, invalid procedure (due execution) or fraud
- Bringing and defending claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975 where a beneficiary believes that they have not been provided for in a satisfactory way under a Will or intestacy
- The removal and replacement of executors and other disputes arising in the course of the administration of an estate
- Disputes arising out of statutory Wills
- Lifetime trusts and Will trust disputes
- Disputing the validity of trusts based on allegations of mental incapacity, undue influence, invalid procedure (due execution) or fraud
- The removal and replacement of trustees and other disputes arising in the course of the administration of a trust
- Gift and property disputes
- Claims involving promises made in respect of a gift or property upon which a promise has been reneged either during lifetime or on death.
- Claims in respect of contractual agreements made which may arise during lifetime or on death.
- The protection of the elderly or vulnerable
- Extensive experience of the Court of Protection, the involvement of the Official Solicitor, healthcare professionals and police all of whom are often involved in cases of this nature.
- Challenging financial abuse of the elderly or vulnerable.
- Challenging fraud of forgery relating to the care of the elderly or vulnerable
- Disputes arising out of statutory Wills, lasting powers of attorney, enduring powers of attorney and deputyships.
Please contact one of our specialists who will be happy to discuss your matter with you:
David Foster: 01483 464 243 firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Taylor: 01483 464 274 email@example.com
Lisa Green: 01483 464 252 firstname.lastname@example.org