The National Minimum Wage will increase with effect from 1 April 2017 to the following rates:
- The National Living Wage for workers aged 25 and over will be £7.50
- The standard adult rate for workers aged between 21 and 24 will be £7.05
- The development rate for workers aged between 18 and 20 will be £5.60
- The young workers rate for workers aged 16-17 will be £4.05
- The apprentice rate will be £3.50
Any school which currently pays the National Minimum Wage in respect of low level duties should carry out a review of its payroll and ensure that the new pay rates are updated in good time before its April payroll.
For further advice on the above topics, please call us on 01483 543210 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org