Tax is part of life and affects almost any transaction you do. Whether you issue or transfer shares in your company to existing shareholders, employees of the company or to third party investors, or even if you choose to gift shares to others, you need to consider the inevitable tax consequences of such transactions in shares.
We can assist you to ensure that any dealings in shares achieve the best tax results for the company, its shareholders and employees at that time and when they are ultimately disposed of in the future.
We also advise on employee incentives through tax efficient EMI (Employee Management Incentive) schemes or, where appropriate, through unapproved share option schemes.
- Our experience
Our experience includes tax advice on:
- Share acquisitions and disposals - tax warranties and tax deeds
- Business acquisitions and disposals - VAT and employment tax
- Company restructuring/reorganisations
- Tax efficient deal structures
- Tax clearance applications
- Share buybacks
- Employment related securities
- Employment income
- Approved/Unapproved share schemes
- Property taxation (VAT/SDLT/Stamp Duty)