Employment Law - Employers
When it comes to employment law, we believe prevention is better than cure. Your people are your most valuable asset, but managing them can be time-consuming, complicated and distracting and the ever-changing legal landscape can be difficult to keep on top of. Regulation of the workplace has never been greater and getting it wrong can be costly.
- What we can do for you
Our established team of Employment Lawyers is recommended by Chambers UK as a leading firm for Employment Law. Click here to find out more.
We have expertise in the following areas:
- Agency workers
- Breach of contract claims
- Bonus and commission payments
- Business sales and transfers
- Bullying and harassment in the workplace
- Collective consultation
- Consultancy (independent contractor) agreements
- Collective consultation and bargaining
- Contracts of employment
- Confidential information
- Consultancy agreements
- County Court and High Court litigation
- Data protection
- Disciplinary action
- Dismissal procedures
- Employment law training
- Employment tribunal claims
- Equal pay
- Flexible working requests
- HR advice and support services
- Handbooks, policies and procedures
- Maternity, paternity and adoption rights
- Outsourcing agreements
- Performance management
- Post-termination restrictions
- Protection of intellectual property and confidential information
- Recruitment advice
- Redundancy and reorganisation
- Secondment agreements
- Service agreements for directors
- Settlement and other compromise agreements
- Working time regulations
- Competitive and transparent fees
Our hourly rates are clear. Where suitable, we can work for you under a results-based conditional fee agreement or agree a fixed fee for the work that we will undertake.
In addition, we have carefully developed a comprehensive, fixed-fee, one stop employment law solution called SafeEmploy, which includes an audit of your employment documentation, an employment law advice helpline and an underlying insurance policy to protect against the cost of litigation, all for an agreed fixed annual fee. Please read our leaflet and FAQs to find out more.
We provide monthly Employment Law email updates of important developments and run a rolling programme of seminars to help you keep on top of employment law issues. Click here to register and take advantage of our email updates and our seminars and workshops.
- Our experience
Our clients range from corporations employing hundreds throughout the UK and beyond to small owner-managed businesses employing fewer than five. We work for clients across a wide range of industry sectors including IT, medical and dental instruments, professional services including accountants, management consultants, insurance brokers, solicitors and property agents.
We provide expert advice to independent schools and charities.
We act for both employers and employees, which enables us to provide balanced advice and keep our skills as sharp as possible.