IP, Technology & Media
Intellectual property is a fast moving and complex area of law. It is relevant to most businesses and many other organisations, regardless of their size or specialism. Whether registered or unregistered, intellectual property may exist in virtually every creation, whether it is an artistic or written work, a brand name, a website, computer software or an invention for a product or a process. The intellectual property rights of a business can often be just as valuable as more traditional assets such as tangible property and stock.
We provide practical, commercial and informed advice on the entire spectrum of intellectual property rights, including:
- Commercial exploitation of intellectual property through licensing, assignment, research and development, collaboration, joint venture and franchising agreements
- Contentious intellectual property matters in the UK Intellectual Property Office, the Office for Harmonisation in the Internal Market (Trade Marks and Designs) and the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court
- Identification and audit of intellectual property rights, generally and as part of corporate due diligence in connection with corporate transactions
- Infringement actions, passing off, domain name disputes and trade mark oppositions
- Licencing of intellectual property rights such as patents, know-how, copyright, designs and trade marks
- Merchandising, sales promotion, product endorsement and sponsorship agreements
- Procurement of grants of patent and registration of trade marks and designs;
- Protection of know-how and confidential information.