Intellectual Property and Branding
Branding is more important to charities than ever before. All charities have valuable brands and copyright works that should be reinforced and protected. We provide advice and assistance on brand management and the full range of intellectual property matters.
Our expertise covers trade mark, coat of arms, copyright and domain name dispute resolution. We also provide general advice on the rights a charity can claim and we provide licensing, merchandising, endorsement and sponsorship transaction support.
As businesses, charities enter into commercial agreements with suppliers and other parties. We draft and review contracts, terms and conditions and policies. These may embody specific arrangements with other parties or represent a charity’s standard terms of business or website use.
Our expertise includes:
- Agreements relating to software, databases and information technology
- General advice on trade marks, copyright, design right and domain names
- Licensing, merchandising, endorsement and sponsorship agreements
- Passing off and defamation online including social media
- Privacy and data protection advice taking account of the General Data Protection Regulation
- Website terms and conditions and e-commerce
Please contact one of our specialists who will be happy to discuss your matter with you:
Laurie Heizler: 01483 464272